Thursday, September 24, 2009

Juniperus Chinensis "Blaauw" Pt III

The tree has continued to prosper since the summer of '07.








This summer the tree received its first major styling. I still have no idea where I am going with it yet. Regardless of which direction I take with it, bottom branching will need to be developed in upcoming years.

What bothers me is the straight section of trunk in the upper portion. I have been studying a way to do something with it, but this branch is extremely stiff, and I may not be successful. I know at present that the top is taking alot of energy away from the bottom branches. It has been left there as I do not know which way I want to go yet.


This winter I might continue with carving the deadwood some, and perhaps a vision will come to me. If not I will continue to feed aggressively and fine tune it until a vision comes to me.

No comments: